At Castilla Orthodontics, we are passionate about giving back. That is why we are proud to announce our 2018 project, Operation 100 Smiles. Our goal? To donate enough money to pay for 100 surgeries for Cleft Lip and Palate Children around the world. And to do this, we have partnered with the Smile Train organization!
Who is Smile Train?
Smile Train an international children’s charity that provides 100%-free cleft repair surgery and comprehensive cleft care to children in over 85 developing countries. Smile Train uses the “teach a man to fish” method to train surgeons around the world on performing Cleft Lip and Palate repair surgeries. These doctors then train other doctors, thus creating a sustainable system. Since it’s inception, the Smile Train organization has transformed the lives of over 1 million children around the world by giving them the power of a smile.
Some facts about Cleft Lip and Palate:
- A Cleft Lip and/or Palate occurs when the structures of the lip and/or roof of the mouth do not fuse completely during fetal development.
- In developing countries, the vast majority of children with clefts will never receive the reconstructive surgery they need.
- 1 in 700 children around the world is born with a Cleft Lip and/or Palate.
- Clefts are the leading birth defect in many developing countries.
How you can help give a new smile to 100 children:
- Join the Castilla Ortho family! Castilla Orthodontics will donate $50 for every new patient that starts in our office in 2018.
- Donate your Castilla Ortho tokens! We will match you by donating $0.50 for every token you give to Operation 100 Smiles.
- Be a Smile Hero! Purchase our limited edition, “Smile Hero” t-shirt (available at the front office) and all the proceeds will go to Operation 100 Smiles.
- Spread the word! Share our Operation 100 Smiles story by tagging us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and using the hashtags #operation100smiles and #smilehero