Over the years, Invisalign has become more and more popular with both teens and adults. The aligners are clear, almost invisible, which makes them less noticeable than bulky traditional braces. Invisalign aligners may be less of a hassle than metal braces, but it is still extremely important to take all the necessary steps to keep your teeth clean. This will help make sure your orthodontic treatment is as effective as possible. Here are some tips on how to maximize your Invisalign treatment near Woodburn, OR from Dr. Ana Castilla of Castilla Orthodontics.
- Wear your Invisalign for 22 hours a day. Dr. Ana Castilla recommends that Invisalign is worn 22 hours each day in order for it to be effective and successfully shift your teeth. This means that your Invisalign can be taken out to eat, brush your teeth, and floss however they should be put back in your mouth as soon as possible afterwards. On another note, Invisalign should be worn when you sleep as your teeth can shift quite a lot if not worn and cause setbacks to your orthodontic treatment.
- If Dr. Ana Castilla recommends rubber bands, wear them! When it comes to shifting your teeth, rubber bands are a crucial part of the process. If Dr. Ana Castilla recommends that you wear rubber bands with your Invisalign, wear them to not only speed up the process but also allow for a healthier and happier smile.
- Use Chewies. Just like metal braces, Invisalign is a little uncomfortable and painful from time to time, specifically when putting in a new set every two weeks. Using chewies allows for any air gaps to be closed and for the aligner to fit more tightly and therefore more comfortably. This allows for your aligner to feel more like your teeth and less like something on them which is more comfortable in the long run. Ask the team at Castilla Orthodontics to find out what chewies they carry.
- Always brush and clean your Invisalign. Just like traditional braces, Invisalign need to be constantly cleaned and cared for. Make sure that you brush your Invisalign every morning and night. This allows for the removal of any food which may be stuck and subsequently a tighter fit because no space is being taken up.
- Always brush and clean your own teeth. Just as important as it is to clean your Invisalign, it is even more important to brush and floss your teeth. Doing so will allow for the removable of food which, just like it might be stuck in your aligner, could be taking up room and not allowing for the proper fit. It is also important to brush and floss your teeth to keep them clean and white for after your orthodontic treatment is complete. You don’t want to have to go through months of Invisalign near Woodburn, OR just to have a less than perfect smile.
- Always use your case. Whenever you take your Invisalign out of your mouth, make sure it ends up in a case provided by Dr. Ana Castilla. Leaving them in a napkin or on a table leaves more room for them to be thrown out or misplaced. If this happens, you would need to go back a week in your sets or skip forward to the next week, both of which disrupt your treatment.
In order to maximize your Invisalign treatment, it is extremely important to follow all of the advice that Dr. Ana Castilla gives you. The team at Castilla Orthodontics wants you to walk away from your orthodontic treatment with a happy, healthy, and straight smile! If you have any questions or are ready to begin treatment with Dr. Ana Castilla, please call Castilla Orthodontics near Woodburn, OR at 503-399-0721.