The topic of orthodontics is very popular among adults and children alike near Dallas, OR. As a child develops, one of the first things parents may begin to worry about is their child’s oral health. Dr. Ana Castilla of Castilla Orthodontics near Dallas, OR is often getting questions regarding what signs to look out for to determine if a child may eventually need orthodontic attention, and at what age should a child should they start bringing their child to the orthodontist? No two cases are the same, but Dr. Ana Castilla has the answers to a few of the most important questions that you may have below:
When is it best to begin treatment?
In many cases, orthodontic issues can be detected early in life. The American Association of Orthodontists recommends all children should get a check-up with an orthodontic specialist no later than age 7.
- Orthodontists can spot subtle problems with jaw growth and emerging teeth while baby teeth are still present, predicting possible problems that might arise in the future.
- While your child’s teeth may appear to be straight, there could be a problem that only an orthodontist, like Dr. Ana Castilla, is able to detect.
- A check-up with a dentist may reveal that your child’s bite is fine. But an orthodontist specializes in identifying a developing problem that isn’t very noticeable. The doctor will likely recommend monitoring the child’s growth and development, and then, if indicated, begin orthodontic treatment at a time that is appropriate for the child. In other cases, the orthodontist might find a problem that can benefit from early orthodontic treatment.
- Early orthodontic treatment may prevent or intercept more serious problems from developing and may make treatment at a later age less time consuming and complicated. A Castilla Orthodontics associate says that in some cases, the orthodontist will be able to achieve results that may not be possible once the face and jaws have finished growing, preventing orthodontic treatment later in life.
- Early treatment will give your orthodontist the chance to:
- Guide jaw growth
- Lower the risk of trauma to protruded front teeth
- Correct harmful oral habits
- Improve appearance
- Guide permanent teeth into a more favorable position
- Create a more pleasing arrangement of teeth, lips and face
Because patients differ in both physiological development and treatment needs, the orthodontist’s goal is to provide each patient with the most appropriate treatment at the most appropriate time. Dr. Ana Castilla says that through an early orthodontic evaluation, you’ll be giving your child the best opportunity for a healthy, beautiful smile!
If your child is older than 7, it is never too late for an initial examination with Dr. Ana Castilla and the team at Castilla Orthodontics!
What are the first steps?
If you are interested in orthodontic treatment for your child near Dallas, OR or surrounding areas, the first step is to contact us! Dr. Ana Castilla and the team will examine your child and discuss which options are best suited to correct their issues. Once you have determined the appropriate treatment plan with Dr. Ana Castilla and the amazing staff at Castilla Orthodontics, you will be on the road to the gorgeous smile you have always wanted! We invite you to contact Castilla Orthodontics to learn more about orthodontic treatment for children near Dallas, OR.
Dr. Ana E. Castilla and the team at Castilla Orthodontics are experts in child orthodontic care. If you have any questions pertaining to braces, clear braces, Invisalign, or Invisalign Teen in Dallas, OR, Sublimity, OR, Monmoth, OR, Keizer, OR Salem, Marion County, OR, or the 97338 zip code area, or would like to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Ana E. Castilla, contact Castilla Orthodontics at: 503-399-0721.